Monday, September 20, 2010

Shiga-ken adventures!

Last weekend, I headed to Shiga-ken, about 2 1/2 hours north of Kyoto. It's near this HUGE lake (the largest lake in Japan in fact) Lake Biwa. Didn't get to have a dip (unlike my swim in Arashiyama river last week) but we had fun at our log cabin in the hills! I went with my friend Ritsuko, boyfriend Nori and 5 of her friends. Listened to a lot of Japanese and tried to speak it when i understood what people were talking about haha! Sometimes it was a guessing game! Had a delicious BBQ, I ate tongue! I know I know...gross! But it was actually very yummy, esp with lemon juice. Mmm! I also was elected head chef to make Yakisoba, it rocked! (it was preprepared for me so I just had to toss it around haha!) Had plenty of Asahi beer and Umeshuu on the Rocks mmm!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT ERIN, sounds like you are such fun. love that you're trying out new things (tongue), good for you!

    Those photos look amazing, i want in on the food over there BAD, and look at you go, chef!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete