Saturday, August 28, 2010

Atsui ne!

Hello everyone. Well its freakin hot here but I'm slowly getting used to it! A nice tall Kirin lager doesn't go astray! Why is it that i don't drink beer in Oz but give me a Japanese one anyday and I can't resist. It's maybe the weather!
So in the food dept, I've been totally spoilt. I've stayed at my friend Ritsuko's place for the past 2 nights and have been treated to a Teppan hot plate extravaganza, cold noodle salads, truffle ice cream, the works! Ritsuko and her mum have been so kind to me, it truly is great to arrive to a familiar face!
Today I moved over to my guesthouse in Kamikatsura (West Kyoto). I went for a wander to the nearby Matsumoto Supermarket today and my eyes boggled, soooo many delicious things to eat (sorry Mick!) Fact - Liquor stores and Drug stores here sell rice, a bit bizarre huh! I also checked out Uni Qlo a discount clothing store in walking distance (danger danger!)
So anyway here's a photo of my first meal creation...Eggplant, carrot, tofu, bean shoots with a yummy sauce and good old rice! I literally was slaving over a hot stove but so worth it!



Oh and a couple of streets away from here, i found this...
Ok signing off for now..oyasumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment